Gundagai High School

Strive to Serve

Telephone02 6944 1233

Assessment and reporting Year 12

Our teachers use a variety of strategies to assess each student's work. This includes observing their work in class and looking closely at the work they produce throughout the year.

Teachers also assess each student's achievements based on the outcomes of the syllabuses of each course.

There are two reports on student progress during the Higher School Certificate course:

1.        a Mid Course report; and

2.        an End of Course report.


We provide detailed information to students about what is expected from them throughout the year and how their work will be assessed.

Year 12 students receive their assessment and reporting information at the beginning of Term 4. This consists of detailed information which includes the school's Higher School Certificate Assessment and Reporting Policy and procedures, the schedule of assessment tasks for their courses, extracts from the relevant NESA syllabus, as well as extracts from the NESA ACE Manual. You can download a copy of our updated 2018 Higher School Certificate Course Assessment and Reporting Policy here (pdf 79 KB)This includes information about Assessment and the HSC, as well as our Frequently Asked Questions which also help to explain our procedures.


Request for consideration

Please refer to the specific assessment and reporting policies for more information about requests for consideration in the event that students do not complete an assessment task on the scheduled date. Our updated Misadventure Form can be downloaded here (pdf 123 KB).

You can download our proforma for Independent evidence of illness or misadventure here (pdf 186 KB). This form needs to be completed so more information explaining the absence can be provided. 


Parent/carer - teacher meetings

Parents/carers will have the opportunity to discuss their child's progress at a parent-teacher meeting during the year. However, if there are any issues you wish to discuss with your child's teacher, please contact the front office to arrange an appointment